Part 2 of the truffle series! An easy recipe, the truffles went amazingly well with roast chicken and the meat was succulent and tender. Got this idea from the wine dinner at St. Regis, but since their method of cooking chicken was beyond me I decided to just make roast chicken. And its pretty easy, just marinade the chicken and dump it into the oven. Half an hour later you get a good dinner, easy peasy.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
Black truffle shavings
4 Chicken quarters (bone in and skin on)
Sprigs of thyme
1 tbsp White truffle oil
Salt and black pepper
1. Marinate the chicken thighs well in white truffle oil, thyme salt and pepper for about half an hour at room temperature. Make sure your chicken is at room temperature before roasting it.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
3. Insert 3-4 black truffle shavings under the skin of each chicken quarter.
4. Oil the baking tray slightly before placing each chicken piece skin side down on the tray surface. Arrange the thyme springs over the chicken.
7. Remove the sprigs of thyme.